Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Inglourious Basterds" Was A-Booming!



1st strong statement I want to make...
Inglourious Basterds > Pulp Fiction...
And I loved Pulp Fiction...

Quentin Tarantino has blacked. I admit, I was 50/50 on how this movie was going to turn out but I'm a loyal Tarantino fan. He has never let me down in any of his films. Some are better than others, don't get me wrong. But "Inglourious Basterds" is epic.

Including Brad Pitt in a Tarantino film...at 1st I was like, aww....this man falling off. Getting a major Hollywood star to push his movie.....I was completely wrong. Brad Pitt made the movie even more interesting. I don't think anyone else would have done that part justice. Damn near every line he had is str8 comedy...and the old-skool southern accent he uses adds to it. Eli Roth's character is one of my favorite's (ol'boy scrapped with the bat). Remember seeing those reality-video clips of something big happening around a big crowd on TV and the whole crowd makes this big "Awwww!!!!" all-at-once sound? That was the entire theater when Eli goes to work with that bat.
Lmao.

Is it possible for a movie to be "violently-funny"?
If so...this is your movie. There are parts that will literally make you jump cause its so sudden. Def. has that "WTF!" effect.

Tarantino has his work cut out for him to top this one.
Last I heard, his next project was supposed to be based on an old-skool "GrindHouse/B-Movie" type movie about 3 females that go around fuckin' people up...like the evil and badder Charlie's Angels before there was Charlie's Angel.
I'll have to dig for that info.

Anyway, I will def. go see this again sometime this week. I rarely go to the movies to see anything twice. I might see it once on the big screen and then wait for the DVD....but this one.....nah, one more go for me.

Sidenote/Music Related:
While watching the movie I heard two tracks from the score that I'm interesting about sampling....
and
....I just happen to find the soundtrack/score
::Evil Grin::

......for some reason that you don't know the basics of this flick.....here.


::::Leaves Kinetic Cards A-Booming::::
:Gambitt:

3 comments:

GeOh said...

Damn, sir. I hope we don't make the same beats, as I've sampled the same soundtrack last week, after I saw an early screening, and P and I were over here and I stumbled across it. I can't wait to hear your joints from them.


G

Gambitt said...

^^get @ me on AIM cuz.
sn: JayBlayde

Interested to see what u came up with being that we have similar styles. And, I'm looking for a track that's on the score but not on the soundtrack. Trying to see if you can help.
Get @ me my dude.

Little Miss Knobody said...

I can't wait to see this!

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management