Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Music Update, Personal Stuff, Blah Blah Blah...



The Music
-Pretty much due to the increase of my work on music, it has also decreased my blogging activity. But I do plan to change that. P.A. and I have setup a home studio at my spot...nicknamed "The Danger Room"(See X-Men comics or movies). We've been catching up on a past summer project as well as an new EP to send out to someone of interest that may take P.A. on for music training. I hope he gets it...with the music we've been making lately...I'ma kinda acting like he already has that slot. So by the end of this month there will be an EP on this blog with new music...finally lol.

-Another EP that is in the works with my boy Precyse, Geoh and myself titled "The Danger Room Sessions" is coming together better than I idealized. That may also be out by the end of the month. Oh and it's completely produced by......little ol' me.

-Justin Allen has been on a "revenge of music"-type grind lately. All quality songs, I will say that without a problem. I'mma post up a few gems he recently released. Some produced by me also.

-"SoultapeLvL2"...I don't know when I'mma put that together honestly with all the random projects I'm trying to be apart of. But I do want to have it out by the end of the year. I do know that I want to have it close to 50/50...1/2 beats, 1/2 artists flowing over my beats. If I can get my pen & flow game to mesh once again maybe a few joints from myself. But we shall see. I'm mainly focus on honing my production and mixing skills. "SoultapeLvL2" will blow some minds away...reason why? "LvL1"...as nice of a mix of my work as it may be with no ego in saying so...it's a poor representation of what I can CURRENTLY do. I've upgraded so much since I made that project.

Personal Stuff
-My moms is going to have to have surgery again to have a piece of cancerous skin removed. This is like the 4th time...or at least of the ones that I know of. Mom's is private about her personal well being....or maybe she just doesn't want me to worry. Either way I'm always thinking about her even though I come off as a self-preserved loner. It's hard to be intact with people all the time when your muscles are on fire 1/2 of the day ...more or less depending on the day. Don't want to take it out on the very few I care for, most importantly my mother. We've done enough "taking out of each other" in the past of my child/teenage years.

Anyway, I've had a few nightmares of her leaving. One of the frequent ones is me visiting her tombstone reading "loving mother of a disappointing son". I've had an extreme rate of fuck up's in my teens and I'm still recovering. Music has change my mentality in that I can do something useful and productive. I just want my mom to have that one moment where she can point and smile...telling someone "yea, that's my son right there. I'm so proud". Rather than me being a common clone of my father...who also is musically talented. But he "let his high be his low" and now is in Louisiana pulling whenever he can to make it. Grand-mom told me I wasn't born to be a poor man...what I didn't realize back then is what she meant was not in money, but as in inside of myself.

My want of a blunt is becoming less and less. One, cause I need a job badly. Two, creating music has kinda replaced it I think. The only time I have a urge for one is when I'm having a painful day. It doesn't fix the pain but it helps ignore it. Kinda like...."my shoulder is hurting like hell....(the high kicks in)....and,....so" lol
The plan, next official job, get health insurance. Get the prescribed meds.
Random thought: Wouldn't being addictive to those be worst than weed?
Bad enough I can't even sleep without a fuckin' Tylenol-PM.

Speaking of a sleep.....I HAVE AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW. Politic with ya'll soon.
New music is on the way, asap!

::::Leaves Kinetic Card:::
:::Explodes:::
::Gambitt::

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"My want of a blunt is becoming less and less. One, cause I need a job badly. Two, creating music has kinda replaced it I think. The only time I have a urge for one is when I'm having a painful day. It doesn't fix the pain but it helps ignore it. Kinda like...."my shoulder is hurting like hell....(the high kicks in)....and,....so" lol
The plan, next official job, get health insurance. Get the prescribed meds.
Random thought: Wouldn't being addictive to those be worst than weed?
Bad enough I can't even sleep without a fuckin' Tylenol-PM."

- I feel you on that, and now I've been here and there with the weed issue so meh. I feel you I just need more motivation. Anywho, good luck on your interview! and be careful when on the prescript meds...you see alot of folk fucked up on these pills, but i kno you wouldn't abuse them like that lol

*sending good thoughts to your mother* i hope her surgery goes well

I'm glad you doing aight tho :D same ol same ol here

-thehoustongirl

ps: i duno if i still have your email but i wanna email you about the weed thing (just want someone to talk to about it)

Gambitt said...

@thehoustongirl
-thanks for the kind thoughts and I hear. The email is still the same btw
jayblayde225@yahoo.com
and yea hit me up. And I'm still so anti-phone but emails, aim, blogging, that's all me lol

Take care and good look again.

Anonymous said...

yo gam you already no whats bout to go down musically...thas enuff sed 4 that

as far as your personal part..im very sorry to hear about your mom , just have faith and dont give up hope.. whatever happens im sure with the man you are now she is proud of you either way...as long as you strive to always be better then thats all that matter... i wish you and your mom/ family the best and hope that she gets better soon.. she will be in my prayers big homie...

peace

Gambitt said...

^ Good look fam. It's much appreciated but you know that by now.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management