Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2/10/2006: The Day Dilla Left...



It's February 10th, again. It doesn't even feel like it was that long since Dilla passed away.
I never met him but I miss him as if I did. Dude really has changed and even to say...saved my life. I was on the verge of losing gravity of my reality right before figuring out about my muscle disorder (you would go crazy too if you were in pain for 24 years and the doctors always said you were fine smh)...during that stage Dilla's music ended up being therapy for me. I wish I could type up exactly how his music makes me feel but just like how I feel about my beats, some words only exist in sound format of music...not just lyrics.
With sound it's more than listening but to actual feel the vibe. Needless to say, Dilla had a very unique sound/vibe.

If it wasn't for Dilla's work I wouldn't be making beats/instrumentals....that's just what it is. Plain and simple. I've gotten into making music when I was in my teens but hearing Dilla made me put the seriousness, the passion, the soul into the creativity. So for that, I thank him every time I play a Dilla production.

Rest in peace, homie. And thank you.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management