Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Rainy Night In G.A." Tribute



Since about 2 months ago while performing my usually digital crate digging for something to sample...I kept running into different versions of the song "Rainy Night In Georgia" by different artists. I had no idea that the song had been recorded by the following artists....

Greg Barrett; The Bees Knees; Jo Jo Benson; Acker Bilk;
Blues Boy Willie; Aron Burton; Ray Charles; Nick Colionne;
Randy Crawford; The Crusaders; Jimmy Ellis; Eric Essix;
Philipp Frankhauser; Eddie Floyd; Tennessee Ernie Ford;
Amos Garrett; Mileage Gilbert; Hearts of Stone; Al Hirt;
Hit Crew; John Holt; Chuck Jackson; Peter Lancaster;
Little Milton; Lord Tanamo; Willie Mabon; Herbie Mann;
Sam Moore; Kenny Parker; Gil Parris; The Persuasions;
Arthur Prystock; Boots Randolph; Nelson Riddle & his Orch.;
Billy Lee Riley; Johnny Rivers; David Ruffin; Otis Rush;
Billy Scott; Eddie Shaw; Little Matt Simmons; Wynn Stewart;
The Temptations Revue; B.J. Thomas; Nicky Thomas;
Conway Twitty; Earl Van Dyke; Lonie Walker; Tony Joe White;
Hank Williams Jr.

...anyway...the homie P.A. told me that the rapper Dolla (an artist that was signed to Akon's Kovict Music label) had a track that he put out just days before he was murdered that used the same sample. After hearing the track for myself after I made my version of the sample, I felt that I could no longer use the beat for what I attendant to. So rather than letting it sit in the vault I decided to release it as a tribute.....



Here's a link to Dolla's version of the sample..his lyrics are actually quite eerie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE3-y7K-V9c

(True fact: It rained in Atlanta, Georgia the night before, the day of and the day after Dolla was murdered)

Rest In Peace

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management