Sunday, September 12, 2010

For The Artist In U



I was watching one of my favorite (even though I don't have many) TV shows "White Collar" about 2 weeks ago. In one of the episodes, this phrase popped up in a few lines...

"Every man is an artist into his own fortune"

Before I dig into my memory and explain the direction my mind decided to go turbo on (gift & a curse)...check this...

................................................
for·tune (fĂ´rchn)
n.
1.
a. The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; luck: He decided to go home for the holidays, and his fortune turned for the worse.
b. fortunes The turns of luck in the course of one's life.
c. Success, especially when at least partially resulting from luck: No matter what they tried, it ended in fortune.
2.
a. A person's condition or standing in life determined by material possessions or financial wealth: She pursued her fortune in another country.
b. Extensive amounts of material possessions or money; wealth.
c. A large sum of money: spent a fortune on the new car.
3. often Fortune A hypothetical, often personified force or power that favorably or unfavorably governs the events of one's life: We believe that Fortune is on our side.
4.
a. Fate; destiny: told my fortune with tarot cards.
b. A foretelling of one's destiny.

................................................

I never thought much of fortune or the word of fortune until the word artist was put into the same sentence. A little more than a year ago I was at my most possible low. To cut a long story short, out of motivation from the music I was listening to at the time (J-Dilla, Joe Budden and Charles Hamilton)...I downloaded the FL Studio 7 production program (a.k.a. Fruity Loops). That was the best thing to ever happen in my life. It's a way to vent out my emotion, stress and creative ideas. It's also something that I can succeed in and also finally make my mother proud of me instead of the child hood disappointments I created.

That earlier statement is sooo ill. I mean, I've always been a little artist in my own mind. My child-hood drawings I use to do damn near every day.

Wait....lol....now that I think about it...

As a child I would hear songs from movies, video games and etc....and then beat-box my own little beat over the song. Hah...even when I was a child I was sampling music.....that is extremely TRILL.

Rather if it was luck or if it was just meant to be....I got my fortune...or for what I consider my fortune. And I got it from being an artist.

That was a nice overthinking session, wouldn't you say? lol
Later, maine.

-Gambitt-

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management